Re: Europa-List: Europa Incident

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa Incident
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 18:27:46
All,

This in from KGO talk radio in SFO; via Google:

TWO KILLED IN LIVERMORE PLANE CRASH
Two people were killed when a home-built airplane crashed shortly after
takeoff from the Livermore airport Saturday morning.

Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Ian Gregor tells KGO the
Europa SX departed around 8:30 a.m. and was just 200 or 300 feet off
the ground when the pilot decided to turn back. After making a
180-degree turn the plane crashed about 25 yards short of the runway,
Gregor said.

The plane erupted in flames, making it difficult to immediately
identify the people on board. The FAA is investigating.

--
believed to be clean.