RE: Europa-List: What is the best size and location for Mod 70 access

Subject: RE: Europa-List: What is the best size and location for Mod 70 access
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 23:01:32

Glenn,

You hit upon something I have been thinking about for a long time: a large
access panel right on top of the fuselage at the root of the fin, and
eliminating at least one of the other two mickey mouse openings, and giving
easy access to some very important components for future maintenance. Of
course the rim would have to be re-enforced in order not to weaken the
fuselage.
Isn't there a stress engineer around who could do the calculations and
design a mod for submission to the PFA ?

Karl

>From: glenn crowder <gcrowder2@hotmail.com>
>To: <europa-list@matronics.com>
>Subject: Europa-List: What is the best size and location for Mod 70 access
>panel?
>Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 11:30:54 -0600
>

>   I still haven't done Mod 62 or 70 as everything seems tight and secure
>back there and at
>220 lbs I really don't relish the thought of working inside the tailcone so
>I would like to add
>an access panel that would facilitate these mods, as well as gain access to
>the elevator
>trim mechanism.  Could anyone recommend a size and location that might
>allow this?
>   I've seen some round panels that look helpful.  I'm right handed so
>would it be best to
>put the panel on the port side or would I need panels on both sides?
>
>                                            Glenn
>Create the ultimate e-mail address book. Import your contacts to Windows
>Live Hotmail.
>www.windowslive-hotmail.com/learnmore/managemail2.html?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGLM_HMWL_reten_impcont_0507

New, exclusive and FREE - Download Madonna's "Hey You" now!
http://www.liveearth.msn.com