Europa-List: Re: Outrigger legs

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Outrigger legs
From: h&amp;jeuropa <europa@triton.net>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 05:57:00

Andrew,

We had the same problem when we started flying last year.  We talked to Andy and
filed a little off FL3 and even opened up the slot in OR5 (with Andy's OK).
Our outrigger still didn't seem to retract fully but we flew anyway.

Now during our rebuild we fitted new OR5 to have the proper slot length and
spent
a lot of time fiddling with the outrigger assembly.  We finally noticed that
OR4 is hitting OR6 which prevents the outrigger from fully retracing.  OR6 is
not symmetrical.  We found that flipping it over so short end (length from hole
to end of block) faces aft gave us a little more movement of OR4 and results
in the outrigger coming up properly.  We suppose you could file some off OR4
but the manual cautions against this (page 9-10 Issue 2).  Fig 15 on page 9-9
shows the relationship of OR4 and OR6 with the outrigger retracted.

Jim & Heather

Read this topic online here: