Europa-List: Woodcomp propeller controls

Subject: Europa-List: Woodcomp propeller controls
From: Graham Higgins <ghiggins@nsw.chariot.net.au>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 08:11:08

Does anyone have any info or experience in using the reverse thrust in
anger?  My experience of being unable to stop on rollout,( aborted takeoff)
and hitting that cane drain, has been relived many times. It is not a
pleasant experience( broken back, broken aircraft). I have often wondered if
reverse thrust prop would have been more effective than the single mono
wheel brake on dew laden grass, lightly loaded aircraft.
I would imagine the aerodynamics involved would be rather complex.
  Graham Higgins in Oz, still rebuilding.