Europa-List: Outriggers - fitting

Subject: Europa-List: Outriggers - fitting
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 14:55:42

All,

After searching thru 245 postings on outriggers, I find no discussion
of a problem I'm having as I trial-fit my outriggers.

Namely, that...although the build manual describes simply sliding the
nylon tubes into the SS wheel forks...I'm finding that the wheel forks
are simply too small to accept the nylon tubes. My attempts to reduce
the diameter of the tubes by rotating them against my stationary belt
sander only succeeds tin roughing up the surface and...due to friction
heat...the nylon seems to expand rather than diminish in size.

My next notion is to chuck the nylon into a wood lathe and turn it down
til I have a snug and smooth fit.

Is my problem unique?...and if not, can anyone share their solution?

Fred