RE: Europa-List: she did what she was supposed to do

Subject: RE: Europa-List: she did what she was supposed to do
From: GLENN CROWDER <gcrowder2@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 10:35:50

  Wow Tom - glad you're OK.  Just shows you can turn into a glider at any
time.
Sounds like the Europa is the plane I want to be in when I do an off field
landing!
  I'm headed to the bar right now to celebrate your adventure!

                                         Glenn

>From: "Thomas Scherer" <thomas@scherer.com>
>To: <europa-list@matronics.com>
>Subject: Europa-List: she did what she was supposed to do
>Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 20:57:05 -0800
>

>it is my sad duty (well, glad - I am reporting it myself) that N81EU was
>lost tonight on a take-off failure with me and Kim Prout aboard.,
>
>The Rotax 912 failed on take-off and running out of options I had to put
>her down at the end of the runway with a droop and fence ahead.
>
>Plane came to a rest in a quarry after shearing off the landing gear
>(trigear) and tearing off the firewall foward.
>
>It is a miracle that Kim and me walked away and I fully attribute it to the
>design of the central tunnel and the wheel attachment that we're not only
>alive but walked away unharmed from a complete crash,
>
>The flying surfaces seem unhamarmed as well as the fuselelage except the
>firewall foward (which broke off  1oo %) and the gears which were lost
>about 2oo feet short off the crash site.
>
>It is very early to say anything - the engine was fine - we worked on it
>the entire afternoon and found it to be very smooth - I fear I installed as
>new fuel filter which should not have been there - more later.
>
>Anyway - we're alive (and having our share of Whiskey) and I promise you
>... you will hear again of N81EU.
>
>Thanks to the designer who made her this crashworthy - N18EU now has 890
>hrs under her belly and never missed a beat (Rotax 912).
>
>more later
>
><Thomas N81EU>
>
>PS: the only pain we can report of is on our feet - after the firewall
>sheared off our feet were in the void and got hurt on the last impact. She
>was flying right to the end. Europa rulez !

Find what you need at prices youll love. Compare products and save at MSN
Shopping.
http://shopping.msn.com/default/shp/?ptnrid=37,ptnrdata=24102&tcode=T001MSN20A0701