Re: Europa-List: Rotax Water Temperature.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax Water Temperature.
From: Gilles Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 12:05:40

>  My exit coolant temp works out at 25 degs C less than the CHT pretty
> well throughout the range.

William,

25C seems a great temperature difference between the CHT and the
coolant flowing out of the heads. That would mean that even at the 135C
CHT red line (Rotax 914), your coolant would not exit the the heads
above110C ? Or flying at 100C CHT, the coolant would not exceed 75C ?
All the measurements I did showed a difference on the order of 5C.
Have you tried checking the two temperature measuring devices in the
same water or oil bath ?

Regards,
Gilles
http://contrails.free.fr