Re: Europa-List: Cracked aluminum plate on 912S muffler

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cracked aluminum plate on 912S muffler
From: William Harrison <willie.harrison@tinyonline.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 23:32:01
Had the same problem. When I replaced the heat shield plate I left
one side of the big fixing clips just a little bit loose so that the
plate can expand and contract relative to the muffler without having
to go into tension forces. 50 hours on there is no sign of the cracks
returning. By the way, I also wire locked the screws on the fixing
clips so they stay just as I want them.

Willie Harrison (G-BZNY)