Re: Europa-List: Vne Speed

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Vne Speed
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 19:27:10

Ron, In Don Dykin's booklet about Europa aerodynamics he says that the flaps
take just about half of the plane's weight at top flap speed. With
aerodynamic forces increasing with speed squared I wouldn't want to rely on
the flaps not failing before the wings, which have been tested to 10g after
all!
Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ