Re: Europa-List: Incident Board on Classic

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Incident Board on Classic
From: Troy Maynor <wingnut54@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 14:26:23

Graham wrote:

<<<Ross
the best way to set up the wings is to first fix the left wing as
specified in the plans. Now, the right wing needs to be set so that the
incidence at the outer end of the flap is identical, this is the part of
the wing that will cause roll if its not right, the wing root doesn't
really matter with respect to roll... You need a second incidence board
for this part of the wing. I use a Vee to locate the nose radius of the
wing section and a ramp to locate the top of the trailing edge. In other
words a reference for the incidence of the airfoil section. (I hope this
is making sense :-D ) Just be sure that the two wings agree at the tips
of the flaps.
You can safely knock off the incidence boards as soon as you have the
left wing incidence set on the fuselage.
Graham>>>>

Graham,
Was this in the manual or did I forget that I did it so many years ago?  (I
am referring to using a second set of boards to check at the flap end
station). I'm thinking it was not and things aren't as good as they could
have been on my plane. Annoying....
Troy Maynor