Re: Europa-List: Rotax matters

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax matters
From: BEBERRY@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 17:35:05
When I was ready to buy my 914 I asked the Rotax folks what the  difference
was between the certificated and non-certificated versions.   The answer was
that there are three differences - the certificated version  uses expensive
spark plugs, comes with a piece of paper, and costs a lot  more.  That made
my decision easy.  I went for the cheaper spark  plugs.

Too right - good decision.  Spark plugs - same  manufacture and certification
---From a motor cycle dealers are approx one eighth  cost of similar from a/c
component dealers,. Who is conning whom?

I reckon we are all being taken for a ride on many a/c components with the
excuse, by component dealers that they are complying with some CAA or FAA
ruling.  Nonsense.

Patrick