Re: Europa-List: aileron fitting to wing

Subject: Re: Europa-List: aileron fitting to wing
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 13:36:58

Hi Jeff,

I agree that the rubbing can be handled when I bond on the top skin;
however, the travel is restricted when the leading edge of the aileron
slams into the wing/aileron closeout with the aileron in the "up"
position (with only 20 degrees of travel)...this condition won't change
with the top skin bonded on. I'm currently looking for some
knowledgeable assurance that as long as I properly balance the aileron,
the possibility of flutter will be nil IF I shave back the leading edge
of the aileron (perhaps as much as 1/2 inch) in order to allow for the
required travel.

As for the wingtip extending aft of the trailing edge of the aileron,
I'll be quite content to trim back the wingtip as you have done.

Fred
A194