Europa-List: Secure ring of Andair 375 gasculator

Subject: Europa-List: Secure ring of Andair 375 gasculator
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 03:36:06

I have 2 Andair 375 gasculators in a box just aft of the baggage bay ribs
accessible from outside the plane.

Even though the cover has 2 rubber cones resting on the bottom of the
gasculator bowls that pseudo would secure the bowls in the event the rings
loosened I didn't like it very much.

I bent up 2 precision .025" Spring Stainless Steel wire that fits into two
of the holes drilled in the ring for safety wire.

Works great, have a loop that extends down bout 1/2" that I catch with a
spring to side of box.

In case anyone is in the same boat, send me a self addressed stamped
envelope and I will make one or 2 for you while it is still fresh in my
mind and give you the part number of the Stainless Steel Springs I am
using from McMaster Carr.

Just need to thread my part through 2 holes, bend over end and cut it.
Figuring the shape, what to make it out of was the secret.

Ron Parigoris
44 Carriage drive
Kings Park, New York 11754