Re: Europa-List: Heat exchanger for the XS Europa

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Heat exchanger for the XS Europa
From: Gilles Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 21:04:06

Graham,

> the duct needs to be properly designed for efficient, low drag cooling
> too.

I sure do agree.
You'll find some details on how I designed our radiator duct :

http://contrails.free.fr/tunnel_en.php

No cooling air leaks whatsoever. In flight we can adjust the temps
within 5 C of the target temperature we choose.
Having an efficient inlet diffuser gives us plenty of high pressure 70C
air behind the radiators.

> Several XS builders did redesign the duct with noteworthy results. Bob
> Berube might enlighten us if he's still listening?
> Graham

Best regards,
Gilles
http://contrails.free.fr