RE: Europa-List: Heat exchanger for the XS Europa

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Heat exchanger for the XS Europa
From: Rob Housman <robh@hyperionef.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 09:54:14
Perhaps I misunderstand what is being offered, but the word "exhaust"
suggests to me that this device would be a heater muff added to the Rotax
exhaust plumbing.  If so, why add the weight and risk of a carbon monoxide
sucking muff when there is already ample warm (hot?) air available aft of
the water and oil coolers?

What the Europa factory forgot was the necessary ducting to get warmed air
into the cockpit.  Anyone interested can contact me off list for the details
of how I ducted warm air from aft of the two coolers, unheated air from the
914 turbo air inlet, and mixed (or not, as desired) the two prior to being
ducted into the cockpit.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
A070