Re: (SPAM) RE: Europa-List: Falke compared with Europa Monowheel

Subject: Re: (SPAM) RE: Europa-List: Falke compared with Europa Monowheel
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 19:15:34

Raimo
If you can learn to ride a monocycle I am sure you will learn to land a
Monowheel Europa. The key to it is feet and eye co-ordination, keep
looking at the horizon. That's also the key to windsurfing and skiing !
I learnt to do it at age 60 or thereabouts. I did fly gliders and
Motorfalke a long time ago. The difference is the speed of response of
the Europa, it is much much faster than airplanes with decent long
wings. (As all glider pilots know, TINSFOS =-O ) *
The first thing you need to get fixed into the automatic part of your
brain is to get the tailwheel down first.
Next get the stick immediately all the way back ( I still haven't learnt
to do that, I find myself thinking of other things like yawing etc. must
be getting old)
If you practice visuallising this in your armchair you might find it
almost easy when you start flying.
The wheel should be pegged on the ground now, so all you have to do is
spot the yaw starting almost before it starts and correct with dancing
feet on the rudder.
Graham
* there is no substitute for span!!