RE: PROBABLE SPAM> Re: Europa-List: Debugging a TCU Problem

Subject: RE: PROBABLE SPAM> Re: Europa-List: Debugging a TCU Problem
From: Paul McAllister <paul.mcallister@qia.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 20:10:51

Gilles,

I suspect I haven't explained the fault I am seeing correctly.  The TCU
powers up, the red and orange light flash briefly as normal.  After a short
period of time the orange light starts flashing.

If I turn off the gyro's and fuel pump then I can listen to what is
happening.  When things work correctly the two lights flash, the servo
cycles and all is well.

Under the fault condition, the two lights flash, the servo does not move and
after a while the orange light flashes.  The servo then makes a very slight
growling noise.  It always has done this since day one.  Now, if I move the
throttle under this situation (orange light flashing indicating a fault)
then the servo moves.

If I then power cycle the TCU with the engine running then behaves as it
should.

The TCU works corectly in flight, but just to confirm I did a take off this
evening using boost (I rarely do this) and the MP ran up to 39" and held
steady.

Paul