Europa-List: Torque tube Mod

Subject: Europa-List: Torque tube Mod
From: ivor.phillips <ivor.phillips@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 12:37:59
  Hi Gert
I have fitted Bob Harrison's Torque tube clamp, It effectivley clamps the
whole Torque tube and TP9/TP5 together as one!
Basically a fit and forget Modification,
Regards
Ivor

OK, I have now done the Europa modification No 62!

Amen.
Easy to write, but believe me - a hard job.
I did the fix according to the factory recommendations, but actually I feel
that it's just a matter of time before the problem occurs again.
Think a better fix would have been to put AN5 bolts instead of the pins and
to mill a aluminum plug which could slide inside the TP4 torque tube and
give you the possibility to tighten the arrangement together.
I am interested in comments from folks who have done this mod. the Europa
way to hear from their experience.

Regards Gert
OY-GDS / Europa Mono / Kit 151 / 914 / 400 hours