FW: Europa-List: Hot Jabaru in AZ

Subject: FW: Europa-List: Hot Jabaru in AZ
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 06:25:18

-----Original Message-----
From: R.C.Harrison [mailto:ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk]
Sent: 19 August 2006 23:42
Subject: RE: Europa-List: Hot Jabaru in AZ

Hi! Steve
Please advise him that he must have a dedicated and closed duct to
intake the oil cooling air down through and under the sump fins and be
ducted through the oil cooler to exhaust overboard at the rear of the
cowl.
Also he must not have more than half level of oil on the dip stick with
the engine horizontal.
Please have him visit the Europa support web page at :- www.crix.org.uk
<http://www.crix.org.uk/>   click on to " Bob Harrison's Europa G-PTAG "
then scroll down to "oil cooler"
I have done some more oil circuitry which allows me to control the oil
through the cooler and I find I don't actually need the cooler in
circuit except with ambient over 30 deg. and perhaps on a sustained
climb or  a "go round". I have also made provision for the oil cooler
air to be used for cabin heat or exhausted into the cowl top to assist
down flow of general cooling air. BTW I may be about to change to a
Rotax 914!

Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG  Europa MKI/Jabiru 3300 ..600 hours but grounded due
to nose wheel departure on landing.