Europa-List: MG Hangar

Subject: Europa-List: MG Hangar
From: Jim Butcher <europa@triton.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 11:16:21

Working on our MG wings, we have begun to realize how long they really =
are.  And flying our short wings we realize how convenient it is to go =
to the airport and fly, without having to rig the wings.  The hangar we =
rent has a 40 ft door and the MG configuration will not fit, even at an =
angle or with the wing tips removed.

At the SSA convention this winter we saw a small hangar design by =
Ensign.  The idea is a small hangar suitable for an assembled sailplane. =
 The hangar is purposely made as small as possible with the center =
section only being 6 ft tall and the sections over the wings being only =
4 ft tall.  The entire front of the hangar is a door making it easy to =
put the glider into the hangar.  Intrigued, I asked about modifying the =
hangar to fit a Europa MG.  Ensign has responded with a revised design =
which will accommodate the assembled MG as well as providing space to =
store the short wings (and also space to store the MG wings if you are =
flying the short wings).

If you are interested, I have a pdf of the proposed design.  More =
information on the sailplane hangar is at www.ensignhangars.com.  I have =
worked with Tom Rent of Stanton Sport Aviation, Stanton, MN =
952-435-2792, email tmrent@charter.net .  You can see the installation =
process at Stanton, MN at  =
http://users.goldengate.net/~tmrent/ensign/ensign1.htm

We wanted to share what looks like a nice solution for housing the MG =
Europa.

Jim & Heather Butcher