Europa-List: VOR Aerial / Antenna

Subject: Europa-List: VOR Aerial / Antenna
From: Peter Rees <peter.rees01@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 23:10:19

Gents

I'm looking at installing a VOR / ILS receiver in G-MFHI and am looking for
some advice on a suitable aerial. Spruce have some which look like long thin
strips with a BNC in the centre - easy enough to bond into the back of the
fuse. The Bob Archer ones they offer also look pretty good but as they are
designed for horizontal mounting, may be a bit harder to mount in the back
without having to build a platform over the rudder cables etc.

Can anyone who has installed a VOR please let me know what aerial / antenna
you've used and any opinions about it.

I believe that the instrument I'm going to fit (Narco 122) has a marker
beacon receiver built in - any ideas as to a suitable aerial for this would
also be appreciated.

Regards

Peter