Re: Re: Europa-List: Good news, bad news

Subject: Re: Re: Europa-List: Good news, bad news
From: Chris Beck <n9zes@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 07:44:15

Europa-List message posted by: Richard Holder
Patrick - you may find he was talking about a 140 ! A
Cessna 140 which has a Lycoming !

Not a Rotax :-)

Richard

--->>> Yes, indeed.  Seems I confused a few people by replying regarding our
Cessna
140, per the original post regarding C-140 landings along with Rotax idle
speed.  The C-140 has a Continental C85-12 engine, 85 horsepower.

I was just relating my experience with idle speed and landings to see what sort
of relation the Rotax idle has to do with how well the Monowheel, in particular,
lands.

With the gear reduction on the Rotax, which is somewhere around 2.7 to 1 IIRC,
a 1400 rpm idle gives a little over 500 rpm prop speed.  That should be just
fine.

Chris