Europa-List: RE: Tailplane Pip pin Cover

Subject: Europa-List: RE: Tailplane Pip pin Cover
From: Flying Farmer <funnyphone@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 06:55:30
is empty

All,
   As I'm going to use the Pip Pin cover mod, My question is has any one used
the
stainless steel  insted of the steel pins? link below.

http://www.nordet.co.uk/stainless_steel.htm

 The reason I ask is that I have the new style pins as in the link below

http://www.nordet.co.uk/pip_pin.htm

these pins do not allow the changing of the pull ring at the top for a 18mm key
ring. The top where they fasten on is not drilled all the way through and I feel
as there is not enough room in the top of the pin to do so.  The new stile
pins pull ring is too big to go under the cover mod. I could disgard the ring
but removal would be difficult. As the stainless steel pins are also in metric
sizes and would mean drilling out to 8mm to fit.

Thanx In Advance