RE: Europa-List: Electrical Shortage

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Electrical Shortage
From: David DeFord <davedeford@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 22:42:36

Garry,

Besides the possibilities you mentioned, you might check for excessive
voltage drops across the connections and also across the circuit breaker.
We recently had our strobe lights fail, with no voltage at the strobe power
supply connector.  When it was unplugged, the voltage read just fine.  The
circuit breaker had a high internal resistance, so the voltage disappeared
under load, but looked all right with only a high-impedance meter checking
the voltage.  A new circuit breaker cured the problem.

Dave DeFord
N135TD