Re: Europa-List: If you don't fly it, it will break.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: If you don't fly it, it will break.
From: Jim Brown <acrojim@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 07:59:32

Steve

The brake pads can be ordered from Aircraft Spruce. There are several listed,
however
you need to order the 66-106 pads.

The brake seals are "0" rings, most any A/C maintenance shop have different
sizes
available, and should be able to match yours.

Jim Brown

scrimm wrote:

> Today after almost 10 months of non-Europa flying, I went flying.  You may ask
why such a gap, well in June of 2005 my wife had a non-malignant (meningioma)
brain tumor removed.  Two weeks after her surgery, I fell and broke my left
wrist.   My wife is back at 100%, my wrist, now that is another story.  It is
healed, but still a little swollen and it still can't support a lot of weight.

> So what broke?  I blew out my brake seals and pissed DOT 5 all over the
> undercarriage,
fortunately on my return to my new home field (20GA).

> If anyone would like to share with me a source for pads and seals on this side
of the pond I would greatly appreciate the reference.  Or do I need to just
order them from Europa?