Re: Europa-List: Fastest groundspeed seen in a Europa?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fastest groundspeed seen in a Europa?
From: BEBERRY@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 03:52:57

M.Grass@comcast.net writes:

Ron,

Isn't this absolute meaningless?

I would  understand and think it would be meaningful to get  max indicated
airspeed with what type (tri or mono) and what engine and at what  pressure
altitude.

Agreed.  Fastest speed would depend on altitude, temperature,  wind
direction, type of engine, speed kit or not, weight of crew,  passengers, fuel
and
luggage and a host of other variables.  My  experience is mostly with military

aircraft and graphs to show indicated  airspeed against fuel consumption are
basic to pilot's notes.  There  is no absolute equivalent in the GA or PFA
world,

even allowing for  different builds.

Patrick