AW: Europa-List: Intercooler

Subject: AW: Europa-List: Intercooler
From: Ing. Gottfried Komaier <gottfried.komaier@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 20:08:26

Garry,

Intercooler means the same as Turbocharger: Performance
The Intercooler - when well designed and mounted brings you an increase in
power of:

                               Take Off: +7% = 123 HP
                  Max. Continuous Power: +6% = 106 HP

You can see in the Rotax Owner Manual up to which altitude you have the
power.

Rotax gives you the option for modification with an Intercooler -(acc. the
manual)- but all the work around the Intercooler (design, mounting,..) is
your job - You have an Experimental aircraft. Not all guys want an
Intercooler. Price is on of the reasons why Rotax don't have an Intercooler
on his list.

Gottfried