Re: Europa-List: Re: Fuel pumps in series can get blocked

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Fuel pumps in series can get blocked
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 17:33:35

Quick note on parallel vs series.

In parallel, if 1 pump destroys itself, and some debris jams the 1 way
valve in the pump opened, the other pump, although may be perfectly
functional may not create enough pressure to prevent the playing of silent
night.

Has anyone actual had a pump 1 way fail opened?

Like someone mentioned a Andair or similar 1 way in series with each pump
output could help with both pumps, or one 1 way not allowing back feed
---From the aux pump back through main.

Not going to help the excess pressure though.

One thing I noticed on my build is that all fittings are not created
equal. Some have smaller internal holes than other. This for certain can
cause restriction on 914s where flow rates can be 40gph plus. I chose
fittings or bored so restriction held to minimum.

Paul it would be interesting to see if your lack of a too high
differential fuel pressure with both pumps on are in fact because of not
returning to bottom of tank, or because of lack of restriction in return
line??

The thicker the air, the greater the return pressure should be.

Ron Parigoris