AW: Europa-List: RE: 914 Fuel System

Subject: AW: Europa-List: RE: 914 Fuel System
From: Ing. Gottfried Komaier <gottfried.komaier@gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 10:41:07

Dan,

I know that the emotions about the electrical fuel pumps are great.
Parallel, or in series, this is the point where the opinions are divided. I
let the pumps work in series as ROTAX laid down in the latest Maintenance-
and Operators-Manual,  as this version seems to me the only logical design
when flying at high altitudes. If you look at the different ROTAX manuals
(Operators-, Installation-, Maintenance-Manual) you will see in every book
another idea. (Installation-M, page 48 dated 10.5.96 the pumps are operating
in PARALLEL, acc. Maintenance-M, page 32 dated 1.2.97 and acc. Operators-M,
page 9-2 dated 1/98 in SERIES). The documentation of ROTAX is disastrous!
I'm suprised that the Authorities accept this different and not up-to-date
manuals.

Greetings,
Gottfried