RE: Europa-List: Classic Exhaust Downpipes

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Classic Exhaust Downpipes
From: Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 09:02:44

Morning William

G-RMAC is a Classic with 912ul and had the originally supplied mild
steel exhaust.  The front left down pipe split at 180 hours.  The split
followed the line of the weld where the pipe had been manufactured and
was approximately 2 inches long.   Now running with stainless, but only
done 40 hours or so on that.  Having heard about early problems with
downpipes I had supported my silencer box with a strap to the engine
mount, obviously this did not help and I have now removed it.

Regards

Pete