Re: Europa-List: Electrcal interference

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Electrcal interference
From: Fred Fillinger <n3eu@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 09:11:25

Steven Pitt wrote:
> I have an electric turn coordinator and it is noticeable
> that I get the sound of the giro in my headset (most of it
> can be squelched out) but it is most noticeable when I
> hold a handheld radio inside or outside the aircraft....

The little motor in the TC is causing all that?  Perhaps
it's defective; I don't think I could duplicate that
phenomenon with my 18V portable power tools.

Google up: ferrite core "noise suppressor"  You may have a
charger for a consumer device with one of these around the
wire.  Try popping off the suppressor and testing it on the
14V and GND wire pair at the back of the gyro.

Reg,
Fred F.