Re: Europa-List: Insurance

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Insurance
From: Richard Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 21:21:16

David Joyce wrote:

> UK Europa pilots have probably recently been contacted
> by Traffords offering to quote for insurance. I thought
> it worth letting you know that their quote has saved me
> 300 over the Hall & Clarke quote. Regards, David Joyce

David

I too have found that Hall and Clarke are not competitive.
I have been with Jennings since the start.

Last year H&C were 1600 and Trafford/Jennings 1200

This year H&C were 1650 and Trafford/Jennings 1250

Approx

I wrote back to H&C saying they were uncompetitive and had
they taken into account the special arrangement with the
PFA. No reply.

I think they are trying to take advantage - to their
advantage rather than to the PFA members' advantage.

I wonder if ANYONE has had a better quote from H&C. Is
anyone using H&C ?

So much for the special arrangements made by the PFA to
get better insurance rates because of the power of having
many members.

Jeremy - has this ever been taken up by the PFA ?
Discussed ? Anything ?

Do I remember the Europa Club had also considered getting
a "Europa Club" insurer who would do a good deal ? Was it
postponed because of the PFA arrangement with H&C ? If so
isn't it time to re-instate the search for a Europa Club
insurer ?

Richard