Re: Europa-List: Size of Tires for Trigear

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Size of Tires for Trigear
From: Paul Boulet <possibletodo@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 13:45:40

just found out the mains are 500x5 and the nose is 11x4x5.  Thanks

This is slightly off topic- just finished the conversion from mono wheel to tri
gear and have the Matco wheels/brakes. Anyone know the tire size for the front
and mains? Thanks
Paul Boulet, N914PB, Malibu, California

Richard Holder wrote:

Thomas Scherer wrote:

> I would like to replace the main tires of my Trigear
> with smaller ones. Was wondering whether the same size
> tires as the nosewheel uses can be installed on the
> mains, too ?
>
> (I need the additional clearance for an enlarged prop -
> and would not mind the less drag).
>
> Anybody has a suggestion where to obtain fairings for
> those smaller tires then ?
>
> be well,

Have you thought of putting a larger tyre (tire) on the
front instead ! Same effect !

Only one tyre to buy !

Also smaller main wheels might be a problem on grass
surfaces !

Richard