Europa-List: Instrument Approach check lists

Subject: Europa-List: Instrument Approach check lists
From: Paul McAllister <paul.mcallister@qia.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 18:41:53

Hi All,

This question is for those intrepid fliers out there that actually do
instrument approaches.  I am looking for some examples of check lists. I am
yet to come up with a procedure that I like for ILS approaches.  I have
tried several variations of stabilizing the aircraft at the outer marker,
before the outer marker, and some more controversial variations.

The issue I am having is that if I set the aircraft up for speed, and
landing configuration (which for a mono means flaps down), then I am only
doing 75 knots at best, and this means I am  hanging out there for what
seems eternity.

So, if anyone has a nice procedure / check list that works for them, then
I'd like to take a look.

Thanks,  Paul