Europa-List: Bob Borger especially

Subject: Europa-List: Bob Borger especially
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 10:16:24

......but not exclusively...........
Bob,
            Thank you again for offering photos to chase down the brake line
connector. HOWEVER, there I am, lying on my back under the beast, cutting
the safety wire to free up the brake slave cylinder, cursing my luck,
skinning my knuckles and punctruing bits of this and that with the remnants
of safety wire.............only to loosen the brake cylinder to permit
rotating of the ell connector (so's I can hook up the brake line). Are you
with me?
            All that done and I start screwing in the ell. Your photo 133 of
187 in your album shows a perfect attachment. MINE tightens the ell into the
cylinder body exactly 180 degrees out of whack. Can I gronch the little
B******r around to the forward position thus risking a snapped ell ( and the
nearest next one in UK)? ....or can I fashion a washer from the extra nut
which came with the ell so as to unscrew 180 degres and tighten up the nut?
basically how did you (or any other reader!) tighten up the brakeline ell so
that it points forward to accept the brakeline?
            Kindest regards to all on board for the Christmas season.
Ferg
A064
lying here waiting, waiting................ I think the furnace just quit.