Re: Europa-List: Fw: CS Prop Failure (a cautionary tale)

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fw: CS Prop Failure (a cautionary tale)
From: BEBERRY@AOL.COM
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 06:43:41

Here's a story that is relevant to everyone who has a  constant speed
> prop fitted (irrespective of prop manufacture).  Sorry it's so long but
> it's worth reading.
>
>  Yesterday, I went flying in G-NEAT which is fitted with an Arplast
>  PV50 electric VP prop and a Smart Avionics CS  controller.

Hi Mark - read your prop story with some interest.  I have just  fitted an
Arplast prop but not yet flown it.  I have set the  microswitch to give a min
pitch of 20 degrees.  Is this about right  for the Europa or have you other
ideas?

Best wishes.

Patrick