Re: Europa-List: Fuel sender etc.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel sender etc.
From: KARL HEINDL <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 19:37:44

Peter,

I don't seem to have that problem. I calibrated my unit to the local Shell
mogas, and I get accurate
readings. But when I go touring I can pretty well ignore the gauge, because
any fuel mix is possible:
different brands of mogas, avgas, ethanol gas. When I fly in the US I always
make a point of using mogas also by using the airport courtesy car and
driving to the nearest gas station.
I like my latest idea of installing a float probe in the same opening as the
Avelec, but don't know yet how to modify the probe for the shorter distance
to the bottom hump. To find out remaining flight time when 'empty' I would
just make some test flights at different rpm's, letting the port side run
dry, and make a note of elapsed time.

Karl