Re: Re: Europa-List: Propellers

Subject: Re: Re: Europa-List: Propellers
From: Michel Auvray <mau11@free.fr>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 13:59:02

Hello David,
Last year september 2004 I am in Woodcomp factory and I buy SR2000. The
informations
comming from Jiri are:
The difference between SR2000 and SR3000 is the next:
SR2000 is made for Small aircraft and/or Ultralight. There is no "reverse"
position.

The SR3000 is made for seaplane with reverse position. The blades are the same
mechanism same but setting is different.
 bientt,

======= le 22/11/2005, 11:21:13 vous criviez: =======

>Karl, The SR3000 is a very recent Woodcomp output with first production
>props coming out this year, so archives won't be much help directly. However
>nearly all you find on their SR2000 will apply. Currently the blades are
>identical, although Woodcomp are working on a higher twist version to
>optimise performance for faster planes than the 100+ knots that the SR2000
>was designed for (which doesn't stop my SR2000 managing 160 kts with my
>914). The current differences between SR2000 and 3000 are a totally
>redesigned hub which cycles much faster,( like 3 secs instead of 14), is
>likely to be more durable and allows feathering or indeed reverse thrust if
>you choose those options. The Europa Club contingent of 12 who visited the
>factory were thoroughly impressed with the design and quality. Regards,
>David Joyce

Michel Auvray
mau11@free.fr
22/11/2005