Europa-List: Tri Gear Speed Kit

Subject: Europa-List: Tri Gear Speed Kit
From: BEBERRY@AOL.COM
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 09:13:48

To whom it may concern...

In the midst of fitting a speed kit I had been told that it was a  bas****.
They were not wrong!

People have found their own solutions to the problems posed - mainly  because
the instructions are wrong, impossible to carry out , lacking in  dimensions
and generally unclear.

How to get the nuts on the back of the main wheel bracket  mounts?  I
Araldited the nuts into suitably bent open ended spanners  and held them in
place

until the bolt 'bit'

How to find where to drill the main wheel fairings to fit to the  brackets?
I soldered a car light bulb to a length of twin flex and  clipped the other
end to the a/c battery.  The flex + bulb end was  then taped to a stick (pencil

did the job) so that it could be moved  around inside the fairing until the
holes in the brackets showed through  and could be marked on the outside.

Maybe everyone else has thought of their own ways but I thought I  would add
my bit.

Patrick