Europa-List: Custom built Panel

Subject: Europa-List: Custom built Panel
From: Cliff Shaw <flyinggpa@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 08:44:49

Will

Thanks for asking.

The panel in "Wile E. Coyote" , N229WC, was made using the "lost foam" lay-up
method.
The curved lower edge is necessary because the panel is 12" deep ( closer
to my eyes). The wood grain is countertop Formica bonded to .090" alum.

There is a lip around the edge of the fiberglass that has anchor nuts bonded in
for mounding the removable panels. All the wiring is through Circler AMP
connectors.
I can remove the Port panel in about 10 minutes. ( been done several time
because of upgrades I have made)

The other feature of the panel is that the cockpit air system is built into it
. The ducts and vents are made of fiberglass and part of the panel.

Cliff Shaw
1041 Euclid ave.
Edmonds, WA 98020
425 776 5555