RE: Europa-List: mounting base for finger brake cylinder

Subject: RE: Europa-List: mounting base for finger brake cylinder
From: KARL HEINDL <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 19:43:45

Bruce,

The mod 65 is really complicated and adds unnecessary weight. I mounted the
dual cylinder directly underneath the tunnel top like this:

Turn the assembly back to front ( output ports point to front),
Turn the assembly upside down  ( the bracket is on top).

Now put the bracket on top of the tunnel, drill 4 holes for the screws, and
put the cylinder underneath the tunnel top, and screw tightly together.
The handles then project above the tunnel, but in my case theyare not
obstructing anything, except maybe the choke knob. In that position they are
also easier to operate.
The 4 screws I changed for shorter ones from the hardware store. I would
also recommend that that portion of the tunnel top is a removable plate.
You can thus attach all the brake lines first before bolting it into place.
I assume you are also installing the brake valve in the recommended postion
between the seats. I didn't think I needed it, but now I wouldn't be without
it.

Advantages:  Dead simple installation,
                    Easy future access and maintenance,
                    Takes up virtually no space in the tunnel (unlike mod
65)
                    Looks good if you can make up some sharp looking
handles.
                    No work at all with glass and epoxy.

Think about it.

Cheers,   Karl