Re: Europa-List: Exhaust Stain Remover

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Exhaust Stain Remover
From: Cliff Shaw <flyinggpa@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 07:58:15

Willie

I have seen this light gray haze after burning 100LL too.  I thought it was the
lead in the gas.

Back when I was first flying there was some black stains from the exhaust too.
I have not seen that kind of exhaust for the last 50 hours though.

The exhaust gasses will damage the fus and / or  cowling if the muffler comes
loose.
Be very careful to get it fitting correctly.  The first muffler I got with
my kit was not built the same as the replacement I bought last winter. The
new one has worked with out a single problem. The inlet port on the new muffler
are a little further apart foe and aft.

Cliff Shaw
1041 Euclid ave.
Edmonds, WA 98020
425 776 5555
http://www.europaowners.org/WileE

  How extensively does anyone else's aircraft get stained by exhaust?