Re: Europa-List: Radio reception

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Radio reception
From: Richard Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 17:12:19

> And finally - what is a good ANR headset for use in an aircraft with a
> Rotax engine - the BOSE (I have tried 2 diffrerent headsets) emphasises
> the higher pitched aprt of the engine noise?

Despite opening myself up for advertising :

I do ANR conversions for DC and Peltor type headsets. In
my Europa I have two of these headsets - just cheap
headsets, which have the conversion and which takle their
power from the aircraft (no batteries)..

Others on the Flyer Forum have tested these conversions
and they report that they are better at noise reduction
than the Bose. The Bose is VERY light but that allows
extraneous noise in there. In fcat everyone raves about them !

I have done over 90 of these conversions so far.

The advantage (other than the quietness) is that you don't
end up with yet another headset !

Contact me direct if you are interested in more
information - numbers in my signature --

Richard
Richard F.W. Holder                      01279 842804 (POTS)
Bell House, Bell Lane,                   01279 842942 (fax)
Widford, Ware, Herts,                    07860 367423 (mobile)
SG12 8SH                    email : richard.holder@avnet.co.uk
Europa Classic Tri-gear : G-OWWW, High Cross
PA-28-181 : Piper Archer : G-JANA, EGSG (Stapleford)