Re: Europa-List: fuselage size

Subject: Re: Europa-List: fuselage size
From: Richard Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 22:51:24

> Hi all,
>  I'm new here and just about to order my kit, I'm in the middle of getting my
workshop ready, nearly dun.

> I want to know if a completed fuselage will fit through a hole in my loft
> (window)
which is 1.5m X 1.5m I think it will if the wheels & legs can be removed
after completion, Is this possible so they can be re assembled after I have got
the aircraft outside

> I hope you can help

I haven't measured mine - the fuselage might be narrow
enough to go through 1.5 m width, but the fin is
definitely not gonna go through there unless you have some
very clever remove-and-get-the-angle-right hoisting
equipment. The inside is supposed to be 44 inches shoulder
width and a few things stick out fruther than that. But
even 50 inches is less than 1.5 metres. The prop could
also be a problem !

And once the wheels and brake pipes are on you wouldn't
want to remove them. The legs themselves are removable,
and are also useful to sit the aircraft on its legs while
working on it. You would just have to wait until the
"outside the barn" phase before you did much of that stuff.

There is a scale drawing somewhere in the manual.

Richard