Re: Europa-List: Tri gear legs to short?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tri gear legs to short?
From: Michael Grass <M.Grass@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 00:55:49

Hi Brian, Hi Cliff,

thank you for your advise. After reading your comments I rechecked my
alignments and in deed I was not absolutely in level in pitch. I simply had
to use a longer level. Also the hint that it is stated in the manual that it
is ok to bend the flange of the sockets made a huge difference. I also
contacted Andy this morning about all this and he stated that it would be ok
to lower the fuselage by a quarter inch. I did the math and it ended to
increase the  AOA by less then 0.2 deg.  I had to lower the fuselage only by
an 1/8th of an inch so the increase is les the 0.1 deg..

Anyway. my sockets are in. Thanks again.

Michael Grass
A266 Trigear
Detroit Michigan