Europa-List: Exhaust springs

Subject: Europa-List: Exhaust springs
From: Peter Field <Peter.Field@hgfield.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 16:18:25

We too had a lot of fun with the exhaust springs and encountered very
similar problems. We made up a tool for pulling the springs and we found
that even fully compressed they would not hook onto the tangs.
We decided to make up a new inner for one of the springs (making it that
much longer) and fitted it on. As if by magic the other springs started
to fit one by one until we we had them all fitting. We then replaced the
original inner and that fitted as well. I think it is all to do with the
position of the exhaust tubes bedding properly into the exhaust box.
Persevere and I think you will eventually get them to fit.
I remember my co builder presenting me with the problem and at the time
it appeared insurmountable - as with many things Europa it worked out
okay in the end!!

Peter Field
Kit 566 - trying a bit of filling (deep joy)