Re: Europa-List: Tyre fitting tips

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tyre fitting tips
From: Rowland Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 21:13:45

>I have to fit a new inner tube to my monowheel.  The tyre is a
>McCleary airtrack and I seem to recall some folks having trouble
>with the inner tubes pinching.  I didn't do anything special first
>time around, but I thought I'd ask.

Paul - I've not had any experience yet of the Europa inner tube, but
for us bicycle types who operate up around 80 PSI (5.5 bar) our
biggest friend at tube re-fitting time is talcum powder. Coat the
tube well with it to reduce friction. I generally apply just a few
strokes of the pump before fitting, just enough to keep the tube in
shape without really pressurising it. That helps to avoid getting
anythin trapped between tyre & rim.

Hope that helps.

regards

Rowland