Europa-List: Aileron trim motor

Subject: Europa-List: Aileron trim motor
From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 09:03:57
--> Europa-List message posted by: "Erich Trombley" <erichdtrombley@juno.com>

Mike wrote:

"Wanted to make sure my placement is right before I cut the skin dig  and out
the
blue foam to set the motor for the aileron trim.

Starboard aileron, MAC servo unit, between weights but closer inboard, 2" X 8"
tab extending up, 18 gauge wire, with power cutoff switch on the panel."

Mike, I would suggest locating the trim tab and motor on the port wing.  This
allows
for visual inspection of tab position during flight, thus eliminating the
need for position indicator gauge in the cockpit.  Also I ran 20 AWG wire
instead
of 18 AWG as it is lighter and their is not a lot current.  I also dispensed
with the cutoff switch on the panel.  The plane is easily managed with full
aileron trim in either position thus if you encounter runaway trim it is no
big deal.  Saves with the wiring, hardware, and weight.  As I am at work at the
moment so I am unable to verify the tab dimensions although that seems to be
close to what I have.  Closer inboard is preferable due to the increased
thickness
of the aileron (easier to install the motor).  Well that's my two cents.

Erich Trombley
N28ET Classic Mono - 914

Get Juno Platinum for as low as $4.97/month!
Visit http://www.juno.com/half to sign up today!