Europa-List: Monowheel brakes

Subject: Europa-List: Monowheel brakes
From: mau11 <mau11@free.fr>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 11:07:46
--> Europa-List message posted by: "mau11" <mau11@free.fr>

Hi all,
We have a monowheel brake problem explained below.
The main problem is the engineering and design of the caliper.
The pressure application force is not on the center of the disc friction
wide part and in fact the force give an effort diagonnaly to the piston.
When the piston is locked in the cylinder  he make a mark into the
cylinder wall and after he stay in this position.
Conclusion:
In flight for landing there is no brake, and impossibility to move the
aircraft manually on the ground.
I have 250 hours with my Europa and during these utilisation I used the
brake with moderation, never excess. For conclusive proof, my brake
shoes are pratically news.
I think this result is not normal, it is a caliper default.
The main problem is: If I replace the caliper by a brand new, if the
design is the same, the same problem appears on the next 250 hours!!!
Alain Chabert have the same trouble.
We are two Monowheels on three with this problem.
Is there a builder  know the same problem, and what is the possible
technical solution??
Thanks