Europa-List: Mod. 70

Subject: Europa-List: Mod. 70
From: Roger Anderson <randerson@skewstacks.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 14:07:20

    For those of us who don't achieve the required angles up and down on the
tailplane
on the first fitting, I have found that one full turn of the adjuster
varies the tailplane angle by about one degree. I hope that this may useful
information
for others.
    At the moment the mass balance weights on my aircraft contact the port guide
strip. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get them centred without
removing, bending and replacing the installation on a trial and error basis.
Needless to say I did remove the restraining cables in accordance with the
directions
in the mod. Removal and installation is a pig of a job, and not one that
I want to have to keep doing.
    Roger (G-BXTD)